WHAT THE HELL IS CONTEMPT - Blues 6, Hawks 5 (SOT)
Usually these 'caps are fun but I'm going to spoil you right away by saying I'm not going to do fun. This game felt like a chore though I'm guessing almost everyone else would classify this game as an instant classic.
As fun as last night's throttling of Colorado was tonight was the opposite. I've probably lost any ability to enjoy these games and that's my own fault. While I must be making it quite clear that I feel grossed out by the outcome it's got nothing to do with long term prognostication, the team's record in the division, or anything like that.
It'd be easy for either team to chalk up excuses. The Hawks played last night and probably got in late. The Blues had a laundry list of injured players including Roman Polak (circus recall), Alex Steen (Goal Scoring Alien Extraction Procedure), Vladimir Sobotka (I don't know why I should care), Ryan Reaves (horse porn related priapism), and Jordan Leopold (named after horrible Belgian Hitler Leopold II). These games are the Blues' biggest and it shows.
Let's do the cliched Clint Eastwood garbage:
- The offensive onslaught from Patricks Kane and Sharp continued. It's hard to ask the team to score more goals. I mean you would be a complete asshole if you asked them to do that. Don't ask them to do that. They are scoring a lot of goals.
- I thought Raanta had a really good second half of the second period. For a guy who gave up five goals he had some good moments. He also had some bad moments. He's a rookie.
- When Seabrook whiffed on those two clearing attempts did you all say "now they're gonna score" or was it just me? That's one of those things where if I had the ability to freeze time and bet on something I'd do it.
- I feel like the Hawks lost their composure at times tonight and they're not usually ones to do that. You can go ahead and blame poor officiating but that's just something that happens from time to time. Way too many power plays for the Blues and only one for the Hawks.
- I wanted so badly to talk about the Hawks scoring 5 plus goals in 17 games this year because it's really neat but when you give up five of your own it takes the fun out of it.
- I didn't care much for Norma Stitz' national anthem attempt.
- Raanta's shootout abilities are poor to quite poor. I really miss Corey Crawford, guys.
I'm done now.
Next up the Hawks take on the LA Kings and not the Sharks. But the Sharks employ the great Drew Remenda who apparently texts Ed Olcyzk during games just to talk about what a shitlord Barret Jackman is. Drew Remenda: hockey hero.